Some random tidbits/observations/interesting facts about my current summer internship.
1. There’s an awesome Flavia machine that dispenses coffee, tea, hot chocolate, you name it. Although the coffee can’t compare with coffee from places like Starbucks or Peets, it’s a godsend in the morning when you need that extra boost of energy.
2. Tons of food places nearby, including chains like CPK and Mickey D’s, and SF-specific places like Super Duper. The awesome part is that Macy’s employees often get discounts because so many get food in the area.
3. I work at the Macy’s.com corporate building on Market Street, and it’s about a block away from the SF Macy’s store, so the interns sometimes make the quick trek over to get lunch at the food court.
4. For some strange reason, there are people on my floor who are doppelgangers of characters from The Office. So far, I’ve run into a Jim Halpert, Kevin Malone, Creed Bratton, and Toby Flenderson. I think my summer will be complete when I find Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute doppelgangers.
5. Summer Fridays. This. is. amazing. On Friday, I work for four hours from 9-1, and I get paid for eight hours. Every week. How awesome is that? And don’t forget the Macy’s employee discounts!
Thought this would be a little fun update on my experience thus far. It’s my second week here, and I’ve been working on a couple very interesting projects. My supervisor’s very nice, updates me when I don’t understand something, and lets me sit in on meetings. I’m looking forward to getting the opportunity a bit later this summer to work more closely on the project she and her team is working on.