1. My bikes. Yeah, both are broken. One has a broken spoke, the other needs a new fork. I haven’t had the time to fix them, but I intend to soon. In the meantime, I’m getting around on my scooter, which has been very fun to ride downhill, but not so fun anytime else. See #2 for the reason why.
2. My knees. I have pretty messed-up knees. They’re probably overstressed from sports, biking, and now scootering. Riding my scooter the past two weeks, I’ve started to feel some pain and discomfort on my knees. I think it’s time to stop and just walk around for once.
3. My food blog. I haven’t been able to actively post on my food blog for quite some time now. It’s a shame, because I had high hopes for it, not to mention I have plenty of material for it. I plan to pick it up soon, hopefully by the end of November, when the pace of school and extracurriculars slow down a bit.
4. Summer. I think back to last summer pretty often, and how much of a blast I truly had. I still can’t get over the fact that I worked full-time, and had such a fun and relaxing time doing it. I was able to explore and enjoy the city, eat lots of amazing food, and play basketball. I also learned about the inner workings of a company, specifically a young, successful, and expanding tech company in SF.
5. Home. I have not gone home since July 4, and I was at a church conference in Malibu most of that weekend. Which means I haven’t really been home since the start of summer break in June. I don’t tend to “miss” home, though I think about it often. But being away for so long, I do miss it and I wish I could spend time with my family. I haven’t seen my parents and brother in a long time. Rumor has it that my brother is taking his driving test soon. Scary.
Yup, looking forward to Thanksgiving break. Hopefully, I’ll be able to pick some of these things back up. And my family is coming up to visit me at Berkeley, so it should be a pretty fun and relaxing break.
Countdowns with Glen at randomtidbitsofthought.wordpress.com.